There seems to be no end in sight to the unicorn obsession that’s been raging for the last few years. Last year, our Unicorn Party was our top selling party theme of the year and this year seems to be going in a similar direction, although our Little Mix and The Greatest Showman themed parties have been super popular too!
We’ve upped our game this year and linked up with a company who can bring a REAL unicorn to your celebration!
This was Sparkle Stars’ Nadia’s little ones’ birthday last month – the cry of “Granny! There’s a unicorn in the garden!” was met with disbelief…until she looked outside!
If you’re hosting a unicorn themed party of your own, here’s some ideas to make things sparkle!
- Invitations. Get the magic started before the party even begins with beautiful unicorn themed invitations. We love these ones!
- Tableware. How you dress the table can really add to the party atmosphere. We absolutely love this pastel ombre set up, so pretty!
- Decorations. Turn the party room into a unicorn themed palace. Bunting, garlands, a fairy light curtain and balloons will all help to transform the venue!
- A DIY unicorn photo booth. Set up your own unicorn themed photo booth with these gorgeous back drops and props and create lasting memories. You could hire the Sparkle Stars Selfie Pod or just use your phone/camera to take photos for a low-cost alternative. We’d recommend some extra lighting to make your photos really pop!
- Some unicorn themed party games will get everyone in the party mood. How about Pin the Horn on the Unicorn or a Unicorn Pinata?
- A gorgeous unicorn costume for the Birthday Girl. You want the birthday girl to feel super special and including her outfit in your party theme planning will make it all the more magical! Don’t forget your unicorn headband to finish it off!
- Unicorn party bags. Send your guests home with a unicorn themed party bag full of treats! If you used the unicorn photo booth idea, you could get instant prints from a kids Instax camera and send each party goer home with their own photo in their party bag too! The Instax cameras make a great gift too, which leads us on to our final unicorn themed recommendation!
- A unicorn themed gift for the birthday girl. After an amazing unicorn themed party, unicorn fever is going to be at an all time high! So what could be a better gift for the guest of honour than a beautiful unicorn jewellery box and sterling silver unicorn necklace to keep inside? This way, she’ll always have a way to remember the unicorn-fest of 2018!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our unicorn themed birthday party recommendations and picked up a few handy hints on the way!
N.B. We are members of the Amazon Affiliate scheme.